lunes, 26 de febrero de 2007
Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no-one

Looking out the door I see the rain fall upon the funeral mourners / Parading in a wake of sad relations as their shoes fill up with water / And maybe I’m too young to keep good love from going wrong / But tonight you're on my mind so you never know

When I’m broken down and hungry for your love with no way to feed it / Where are you tonight, child you know how much I need it / Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run

Sometimes a man gets carried away, when he feels like he should be having his fun / And much too blind to see the damage he's done / Sometimes a man must awake to find that really, he has no-one

So I’ll wait for you... and I’ll burn / Will I ever see your sweet return / Oh will I ever learn

Oh lover, you should've come over / 'Cause it's not too late

Lonely is the room, the bed is made, the open window lets the rain in / Burning in the corner is the only one who dreams he had you with him / My body turns and yearns for a sleep that will never come

It's never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder / It's never over, all my riches for her smiles when I slept so soft against her / It's never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter / It's never over, she's the tear that hangs inside my soul forever

Well maybe I’m just too young / To keep good love from going wrong

Oh... lover, you should've come over / 'Cause it's not too late

Well I feel too young to hold on / And I’m much too old to break free and run / Too deaf, dumb, and blind to see the damage I’ve done / Sweet lover, you should've come over / Oh, love well I’m waiting for you

Lover, you should've come over / 'Cause it's not too late

JEFF BUCKLEY (1994) - LOVER, YOU SHOULD'VE COME OVER



 
posted by El Trompo Promiscuo el lunes, febrero 26, 2007 | Completito |


0 Lo han Dicho: